How can you find out with the Scientific Method?

In article <LAZIO.95May3082056@ism.spacenet.tn.cornell.edu>,
lazio@spacenet.tn.cornell.edu (T. Joseph W. Lazio) wrote:
> Madhudvisa  <madhudvisa@krishna.org> writes:

  M>    Of course some of you sci.astro chaps could get on the
> M> television and tell people that "Nobody did it -- it happened all
> M> by itself." but who would believe you?
>
> M>    So accepting your Big-Bang as the creation of the universe --
> M> who provided the ingredients (the explosive if you like) and who
> M> detonated it? Surely these are logical questions one should
> M> consider.
>
>  Sure, these are quite logical questions.  However, the Big Bang was
> not an explosion *into* anything (like the bomb in Oklahoma City which
> was an explosion into the atmosphere), but an explosion *of*
> spacetime.

   NONSENSE. If it occurred how could it be an explosion of space-time.
   There was no space and no time to explode before the big bang!

   You are completely out of your depth here. While your scientific method
   can make some guesses as to the process which work within the material
   creation you can have no knowledge of what created the material
   universe. It is outside the system you are studying. The only way of
   getting such knowledge is to find a source outside the material world.
   We have such a source. The Vedic scriptures contain the words of
   Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead who, of course, knows
   everything about creation.

   He describes the material universes are created and annihilated again
   and again. Sometimes the material world is manifest as we see it now and
   sometimes it is unmanifest. In it's unmanifest condition all the living
   entities (spirit souls) merge into the body of Vishnu and the material
   elements (earth, water, fire, air and either) are conserved in pradhana,
   or the store of material elements. Nothing is destroyed, it is just put
   into storage until it is needed again.

   When the time comes for the next creation Vishnu glances over the dull
   matter (pradhana) and by His glancing impregnates all the living
   entities within the matter, thus He is called the seed-giving father of
   everyone. The creation once again begins. It is not illogical, it is
   common sense. We see living entities created in this world by the union
   of a mother and father, and this whole universe is created as a result
   of Vishnu, God glancing over the pradhana (nature) and thus impregnating
   it.

>  Hence, even though these may be logical questions to ask, the answers
> don't have to be "common-sensish."

   This is the escape of one who doesn't know the answers and who can never
   find them out. There is nothing which is not "common-sensish" one simply
   has to understand the science of it -- that's all.

   Please chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

      The culmination of all kinds of yoga practice lies in bhakti-yoga.