Re: sexy krishnas.....

jeremy@postoffice.ptd.net (Jeremy Hansen) wrote:

>In article <3p8dih$lca@news.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, waal@informatik.uni-bonn.de says...
>>
>>hi!
>>
>>pretty funny to see this bunch of krishna guys here. now i am a normal
>>human who likes to drink, smoke pot and have sex and have no idea of
>>your weird beliefs. what i'd like to know is why you have problems
>>with the above, especially with sex.

  Yes. Almost everybody [including myself before I found out about
  Krishna] thinks the same way. It's our culture; sex, drugs and
  hard-core! Sex is the most pleasurable thing in the material world but
  if you think about it there are also so many problems with it. It's not
  going to make you happy permanently. It's like everything in the
  material world, the more you "enjoy" it the less "enjoyable" it becomes
  and the more "addicted" you become to it. All the things you have
  mentioned have the same problem.

  I know some old hippies who have been smoking pot since the 60's and
  they are very vague now. "Mellow" they would say. Vegetables I would
  say!  In the 25 years they have been addicted to smoking pot they have
  done NOTHING "except being mellow".

  You have the same problem with sex. If you make sex the most important
  thing in your life you will spend your whole life on nothing else. To
  get a nice girl you have to have money, lots of money. So you have to
  work your guts out to get the money... It's really very hard work.
  People don't connect it, but look in the shops, all the expensive
  clothes, all the jewelry, the cosmetics, nice cars, etc... Why are we
  buying all this stuff? To attract someone for sex. It becomes our whole
  life and all our energy is spent in that way.

  It ends in frustration because sex is not forever. If you have lots of
  sex when you are young then you soon have "postrate gland" troubles and
  then things become very difficult... Then you take to the pot and
  alcohol more seriously [because of frustration in sex life] then you're
  just another bum on the street...

  Of course you may be "successful". You might land one of those
  high-stress, high-pay, long hours jobs and spend 12 hours a day
  traveling to and from work and working your butt off so you can enjoy
  the "good life". In either case you won't have much opportunity to
  consider the more subtle questions of life, "Who am I?", "What's the
  purpose of life?", "What happens after death?". The real value of human
  life is we can find answers to these questions. But if you just live
  for sex, drugs and punk-rock, it will be difficult to think about
  anything else.

  We are not these bodies. I am not Australian, you are not Americian.
  I'm inside and Australian man's body and [I presume] you are inside an
  American mans body. But we are the soul, the person inside the body.
  Sex, drugs and punk-rock is not for the soul, it's for the body. The
  senses of the body want gratification but we are not the body. Sex will
  never satisfy us because it is on the bodily platform. Real
  satisfaction, real pleasure is spiritual.

  Practically speaking it is impossible to give up sex. The desire is so
  strong. But it is possible if you can get a higher taste, if you can
  enjoy something better than sex. Spiritual pleasure is so nice that sex
  becomes unimportant. If you are hungry almost any food looks attractive
  to you but if you have just eaten a nice meal you are satisfied, more
  food is not very tempting. This is a difficult thing to explain, you
  have to experience it really, but we are not "missing out" on anything
  by not having sex. We save so much time, so much energy [you loose so
  much energy through sex], and our minds remain peaceful. It's freedom
  actually. Being addicted to sex means you are not free.

>>i mean, my personal oppinion is that you just don't know how to
>>appreciate the good things in life because something went wrong
>>somewhere in your development as a human. who cares about self control
>>and all that stuff you talk about? as soon as you're dead we'll be
>>same again. but i'm interested in what you've got to answer...! sorry
>>but the polemic discussions going on about krishna right now aren't
>>very informative to me.

  We know perfectly well how to appreciate the "good things in life". The
  "good things in life" belong to God, Krishna and should be used for
  HIm. Even sex can be used for Him. You can get married and have
  children and bring them up nicely. That is religious. So we're not
  against sex and family life. Only illicit sex.

  And we never die! The soul is eternal so death means I leave this body
  and then I am placed within the womb of my next mother. If you have
  lived this life for sex then you will be put into the womb of a mother
  so you get a body which can have lots of sex... The monkeys in the
  jungle swing from tree to tree and in every tree they find another
  monkey... The pigeons have so much sex, and they enjoy it too, just
  like you. The pigeons pleasure and your pleasure is not that much
  different!

  So the human body is not really meant for just sex. It's meant for
  making spiritual advancement, for answering the really important
  questions, and to purify our consciousness so we don't have to come
  back here again, and again, and again, and again....

>>thanx for answering (hopefully).
>>

>>peace out...
>>-YChristY
>>

>I'm not a Krishna, but I do respect the beliefs of those who remain drug free and
>responsible for their actions...and I think it's pretty safe to say that who ever
>wrote the comment above me is A PIECE OF SHIT!

  No. He's asked a good question. That is a great quality. He's expressed
  his doubts told us what his idea is and asked us to explain our idea.
  He's an intelligent man.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!

Follow-Ups: References: