God is helping us to do what we want to do...

Bill Case <wwcase@ingr.com> wrote:

>> Most people (certainly most skeptics) would have mutually exclusive
>> categories of "imaginary" and "real".

>I've often wondered if the imagined can change the real.  If you imagine
>a possibility which is not prohibited by "law" do you somehow create
>a (quantum?) possibility which will have a chance of being taken?

  We have all created our own "realities" by our past actions and
  desires. We have been put here together and we are all experiencing
  the reactions of our past activities, our "karma". This world has no
  purpose other than to enable us to live out our desires to be
  independent from God and to ultimately frustrate all our endeavors...

>For
>instance, if I wonder why the flu virus does not mutate into something
>which takes three weeks to get over, killing many as we retch ourselves
>into de-hydration, do I somehow increase the likelihood of such a outcome
>by imagining the possibility?  Hope not!

  It's got something more to it than imagination. We suffer because of
  the bad things we do and we enjoy as a result of the good things. Not
  everyone gets the flu.. But if you want to get sic then you will get
  sick..

>I'm not a new ager or cosmic cowboy.  But I have had experiences where I
>had wanted/imagined things to happen, and these things that didn't have
>a "prayer" of occuring were suddenly happening by events which were
>impossible prior to imagining outcomes.

  God is in everyone's heart and He is helping us to do what we want to
  do. If we want to come closer to Him  He helps, if we want to forget Him,
  He helps, if we want to go skiing then He will also help!

>I understand the coincidence
>argument, but I think many who have had such experiences have sensed
>almost a change in reality.  This is not to claim prayers are answered,
>but a wondering if imagining possibilities creates a potential for the
>occurence by making me an active observer of outcomes.

  Prayers are answers and reality is fashioned around our desires. But
  this is not "reality". Reality is in the spiritual world -- this is a
  perverted reflection.

                        paras tasmat tu bhavo 'nyo
                         'vyakto 'vyaktat sanatanah
                          yah sa sarvesu bhutesu
                           nasyatsu na vinasyati

  "Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
  transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
  supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
  annihilated, that part remains as it is." (Bhagavad-gita 8.20)

  Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!