What is the Effect of Serotonin on the Soul?

(Madhudvisa dasa       ) writes:

>|> The metabolism is not "spiritual". It's a machine. The body is a machine
>|> and the soul is seated in the body as a driver is seated in a motorcar.
>|>
>|> If you put something in the fuel of the motorcar you may be able to stop
>|> the car or "kill" the car... But the driver can find another car, catch
>|> the bus or get a taxi and continue his journey....
>|>

>|> The driver is not "killed". You can kill the body, but you can never
kill
>|> the soul.

>What is the affect of serotonin on the soul?  How about dopamine?
>Why is it that these chemical effect the very essence of who a
>person is?  Apparently you should revise your soul/brain(body) dichotomy
>a little bit. There is not evidence that the exists anything outside
>the scope of the physical body.

The body and the condition of the body affect the consciousness... But the soul is
within, covered by the body. If the soul has a trees body it acts like a tree, if
it has a dogs body, it acts like a dog, in a cats body it acts like a cat... If
you dope up a humans body that changes the consciousness so the soul acts like a
"doped" human... It's a covering. You can wear different clothes but you are the
same person underneath...

Spiritual life means to cut through the coverings and uncover our real, original
spiritual nature. We are not these material bodies...

Thank you. Hare Krishna.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!