You've Made the Computers so we use them for Krishna!

>Another posting where the original seems to have disappeared in
>transit, so I am using one of the follow-ups to respond to it.

>This is a response to madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) whose
>writing is embedded in:

>brome@axnd14.cern.ch (Clint Brome) writes:

>>madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) writes:

>>>And why is that? Because science has produced so much wonderful
>>>technology and abolished the jobs they used to do... If the society
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>provided jobs they could do these people [who are now unemployed]
would
>>>work and be fine upstanding citizens... They would be paying tax, they
>>>would be consuming... they wouldn't be a burden at all. But how can
they
>>>be productive? Your machines are doing all the work! It is a great
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>paradox... you are making "advancements" but your "advancements" are
>>>putting people out of work. You then have to pay them social security
>>>[which comes out of your own pockets] As you "advance" more and more
so
>>>many more become unemployed as a result... Thus science destroys the
>>>society...

>>>Thank you. Hare Krishna!

>>>Madhudvisa dasa
>>>(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      /sudarsana/ctfo
te

>>>Quotes from His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
>>>(c)Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

>Ah, yes.
>The computer network has abolished the jobs which used to be done by
>carrier pigeon.

Yes. It's much better I must admit...

>Madhudvisa dasa        seems to be much like the creationists in one
>respect.
>They write tirades against quantum mechanics, and use computers with
>their memory chips designed using quantum mechanics to do so.
>Here we have someone complaining about modern technology, and using
>that technology to complain about the technology which he is using to
>complain ....

Well you've gone to all the trouble of making the computers so we might as well
use them to help spread the glories of God [Krishna] that makes your efforts
worthwhile. We wouldn't have bothered to make them ourselves...

It's not really good, it is an "anartha". It means unnecessary thing... But we can
all such "unnecessary things" in the service of Krishna. Then they become
worthwhile.

It is all Krishna's energy anyhow. You have just discovered it that's all. Krishna
put the qualities into the silicon so it would work in your computer chips... And
he has given you good brains to work out how to build the computers... It's only
fair that you use the technology to glorify God...

But the point of my posting is not to criticize quantum mechanics or computers. I
am merely pointing out the paradox...

>Ken Smith
>--
> | "God, we know you are in charge, but why
> |  don't you make it slightly more obvious?"
> |        Archbishop Desmond Tutu, 1990
> |   (address to students at at West Point)

                         naham prakasah sarvasya
                            yoga-maya-samavrtah
                          mudho 'yam nabhijanati
                           loko mam ajam avyayam

"I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am
covered by My internal potency, and therefore they do not know that I am
unborn and infallible." (Bhagavad-gita 7.25)

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!