Garlic, Onions and the Liberated Women

Dear D

Hello. Hare Krishna!

I am very pleased to hear about your interest in Krishna. I am in Australia and
not connected with Ray Cappo's Shelter but I have met him on a few occasions,
although not for a few years now.

I have heard his book, "In Defense of Reality" is very popular among the straight-
edge scene and I know Ragunatha is a very powerful preacher. But I don't know
their schedule or what they are doing. I once saw an email address for his record
company in alt.punk, I will see if I can find it for you.

It is fantastic that you are sometimes chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. That is
the main thing. In this age the chanting is reccomended above all else. So keep
chanting as much as possible, the results will be very good. Also being a
vegetarian is very important. Our consciousness is very much affected by what we
eat. If you eat foods in the mode of goodness [grains, milk products, fruit and
vegetables] your consciousness will be elevated to the mode of goodness, however,
if you eat food in the mode of ignorance [meat, intoxication, rotten things,
mushrooms, etc] your consciousness will be degraded to the mode of ignorance and
it will be very difficult to understand spiritual knowledge.

And that you have many unanswered questions is very good. Questions mean
intelligence. Krishna consciousness is not about blind faith, the answers to all
questions are there but we have to find someone who can explain it properly to us.
Sometimes some devotees don't read the books so much and don't know the answers to
all the questions so one may get the wrong idea from them, but Krishna
consciousness is a great science and all answers are there.

I would be pleased to discuss Krishna with you so go ahead and send some
questions! Devotees very much enjoy talking about Krishna [as you already know].
There is great pleasure and spiritual advancement to be found in asking and
answering questions about Krishna. So I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much. Hare Krishna!

Madhudvisa dasa