AIDS: the true story?

Dear Doug

Thanks for your response to my letter about reaping what we sow.

You have asked, "Must we reap the harvest of others?" and the answer is no. We can
dedicate our lives to serving God and become trancendental to the material
pleasures and pains. We are not the material body, we are the spirit-soul within.
So the body will have to go through various pains and pleasures, that is the
nature of the material body, but if we realize we are not the body and give up our
attachment to it, then we become completely free from karma.

As for the government, you have elected them! They are just representative of the
people in general. They are in a ,ore powerful position than most people, so they
are trying to exploit the whole country, or the whole world... The difficulty is
they are concerned about money, the economy, they are not concerned about people
and they don't believe in God. So they are making a VERY hellish world.

You have said the suffering due to AIDS is "beyond reason", but it is not. There
are universal laws which are presented in all the bona fide scriptures in the
world. You have the ten commandments and we have four regulative principles: no

illicit sex [sex is for having children within marriage], no intoxication, no meat
eating and no gambling. If we break these natural God-made laws the "bad karma" or
suffering and disease will come on us. Even today most religious people are
breaking all these principles. That is hypocritical, it is the nature of this age,
Kali-yuga, "The age of quarrel and hypocrisy".

What do you think?