searching,,,

Dear Nels

Hello, Hare Krishna! Sorry about the delay in answering you.

It is important to talk to a person, to have a real relationship with a person.
That's why, in Krishna consciousness, the spiritual master is so important. He is
a pure devotee, someone who knows Krishna and he can tell us about Krishna.

I don't read many books on "other religions", but Krishna consciousness is not
really a "religion". It is described as "sanatarn dharma" or the eternal
occupation of the soul. Our business is to serve, of course everyone is trying to
become the master here, but that is an illusion. If you study anybody you will
find he is serving someone. So the perfection of our serving nature is to serve
God, Krishna. That is Krishna consciousness. It is not sectarian and it does not
follow the same pattern as most "religions". Generaly people approach God because
they understand He's powerful and if they worship Him they can get something from
Him... So they go to the church (dharma) why? To ask for something (artha) why?
for sense gratifaction (karma). So people go to church to ask God for something
that will satisfy their senses. Krishna consciousness is not like that. We go to
Krishna, not to ask Him for anything, but to do something for Him, to serve Him in
some way...

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa