Women's Lib

Dear Kesley

Hello. Hare Krishna.

The Bhagavad-gita says all living entities are equal and a pundit, or a learned

sage makes no distinction:

          vidya-vinaya-sampanne brahmane gave hastini

          suni caiva svapake ca panditak sama-darsinah

"The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned

and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant,a dog and a dog-eater [outcast]."

(Bhagavad-gita 5.18)

So there is no difference even between us and the animals, the spirit soul is the

same, the body is just a temporary outer covering. We can also enter a non-human

body in our next life... We can get a dog's body for example, then we will think

we are a dog, chase after other dogs, etc. But we are not dogs, we are not humans,

we are not men and we are not women. We are eternally servants of Krishna. So

Krishna consciousness means to come to this platform of seeing everything on the

spiritual platform.

So we don't see women as being any different from men on the spiritual platform,

but their bodies are different to mens bodies and therefore that has to be

considered. Even if women want independence the Vedic scriptures forbid it. Women

should always be protected. In childhood they should be protected by their father,

then by their husband and in old age they should be protected by their grown up

sons.

If women are not protected they will be exploited by men. And they may like to be

exploited by men also. But that will result in varna-sankara, unwanted children.

If people have sex simply out of lust with no desire to bring nice, God conscious

children into the world, then if there happens to be a child he will be neglected

by the mother and probably the father is long gone. Such "unwanted children" grow

up very badly, they create a great disturbance in society. We are seeing that now.

I saw an article recently where some criminalogists were predicting there would be

something like 30,000 more young men on the streets over the next 5 years who

would be committing major crimes like murder, rape, etc... So that is the result

of women being independent. You may not like the idea, but that is the way it is.

            adharmabhibhavat krsna pradusyanti kula-striya

            strisu dustasu varsneya jayate varna-sankarah

"When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krishna, the women of the family

become corrupt, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrsni,

comes unwanted population."

"Good population in human society is the basic principle for peace, prosperity and

spiritual progress in life. the varnasrama religion's principles were so designed

that the good population would prevail in society for the general spiritual

progress of state and community. Such population depends on the chastity and

faithfulness of its womanhood. As children are very prone to be misled, women are

very prone to degradation. Therefore both children and women require protection by

the elder members of the family. By being engaged in various religious practices

the women will not be mislead into adultery. According to Canakya Pandit, women

are generally not very intelligent and therefore not trustworthy." (Bhagavad-gita

1.40)

So I have not made it up, it is exactly in accord with the Vedic scriptures and it

is a fact. Women are generally not that intelligent and are easily exploited by

men. So they need to be protected. It may make you ill... but it is a fact, it is

the Vedic conclusion and we acceept it. There is no question of hatred for women.

It is protection for women not hatred. The Western "civilization" exploits women

and the Vedic civilization protects women and you call this "hatred of women". I

know it is difficult to come to grips with these things, but you should think

about it. This "womens liberation" is the cause of many of the problems we are now

facingin western society.

So chant Hare Krishna and be happy, read Srila Prabhupada's books and don't be to

attached to the brainwashing western society has given you.

Madhudvisa dasa