Re: prayer request

>Please offer a prayer in my name to Lord Krishna that I may be delivered

>from the side effects of an LSD overdose that occurred over 25 years

>ago.  I have been to many doctors and healers and I have tried many

>remedies, all to no avail.  I am not a Krishna devotee, but I do

>believe that He is God and that He will answer the prayers of His

>devotees.

>Thank you and God bless!

Dear Randy

Thanks for visiting the Sudarsana web site and I have prayed to Krishna, but

not for the cure of the side-effects of your LSD overdose, but for your

deliverance from the suffering conditions of this material world altogether.

This world is a miserable place... Even if I pray to Krishna for you and He

does cure the symptoms of your over-dose the misery will continue... it is the

nature of this world. Krishna calls it dukhalayam asasvatam, a place of misery

where there is repeated birth and death. So it is not a comfortable place at

all. The nature of the soul is sat, cit, anananda -- eternal, full of knowledge

and full of bliss but this material world is asat, acit and nirananda --

temporary, full of ignorance, and full of anxiety... So it is not very

comfortable at all. There is another world. Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita:

8.20

                        paras tasmat tu bhavo 'nyo

                         'vyakto 'vyaktat sanatanah

                          yah sa sarvesu bhutesu

                           nasyatsu na vinasyati

     Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is

transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme

and is never annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part

remains as it is.

                                 PURPORT

	Krsna's superior, spiritual energy is transcendental and eternal. It is beyond

all the changes of material nature, which is manifest and annihilated during

the days and nights of Brahma. Krsna's superior energy is completely opposite

in quality to material nature. Superior and inferior nature are explained in

the Seventh Chapter.

                                 TEXT 21

                         avyakto 'ksara ity uktas

                           tam ahuh paramam gatim

                         yam prapya na nivartante

                           tad dhama paramam mama

                               TRANSLATION

	That which the Vedantists describe as unmanifest and infallible, that which is

known as the supreme destination, that place from which, having attained it,

one never returns--that is My supreme abode.

                                 PURPORT

	The supreme abode of the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is described in the

Brahma-samhita as cintamani-dhama, a place where all desires are fulfilled. The

supreme abode of Lord Krsna, known as Goloka Vrndavana, is full of palaces made

of touchstone. There are also trees, called ``desire trees,'' that supply any

type of eatable upon demand, and there are cows, known as surabhi cows, which

supply a limitless supply of milk. In this abode, the Lord is served by

hundreds of thousands of goddesses of fortune (Laksmis), and He is called

Govinda, the primal Lord and the cause of all causes. The Lord is accustomed to

blow His flute (venum kvanantam). His transcendental form is the most

attractive in all the worlds--His eyes are like lotus petals, and the color of

His body is like the color of clouds. He is so attractive that His beauty

excels that of thousands of Cupids. He wears saffron cloth, a garland around

His neck and a peacock feather in His hair. In the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krsna

gives only a small hint of His personal abode, Goloka Vrndavana, which is the

supermost planet in the spiritual kingdom. A vivid description is given in the

Brahma-samhita. Vedic literatures (Katha Upanisad 1.3.11) state that there is

nothing superior to the abode of the Supreme Godhead, and that that abode is

the ultimate destination (purusan na param kincit sa kastha parama gatih). When

one attains to it, he never returns to the material world. Krsna's supreme

abode and Krsna Himself are nondifferent, being of the same quality. On this

earth, Vrndavana, ninety miles southeast of Delhi, is a replica of that supreme

Goloka Vrndavana located in the spiritual sky. When Krsna descended on this

earth, He sported on that particular tract of land known as Vrndavana,

comprising about eighty-four square miles in the district of Mathura, India.

So it is better to go back home, back to Godhead... We should ask God for that,

not for something to try and make our life comfortable within this material

world... There will always be difficulties here -- that is the nature of the

place. Despite all difficulties and problems we should engage all our energy in

serving God, Krishna... that is the real activity for human beings... Looking

forward to hearing from you again.

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!