Re: what happened?

>what happen to the swami at the end of your name?

I took sannyasa initiation when I was preaching by myself. At that stage I

didn't have anything to do with any other devotees. Then about two years ago I

started to meet lots of other devotees who were also outside ISKCON and trying

to serve Srila Prabhupada. I was also considering trying to work with ISKCON

again. I didn't feel the sannyasa title would be very approprate for my

dealings with the other devotees. So at the moment I prefer to be called

"Madhudvisa dasa". I am still living like a sannyasi, (as I was before I took

sannyasa also) preaching and following the rules and regulations and chanting

Hare Krishna and reading Srila Prabhupada's books... Nothing has changed. Srila

Prabhupada says we can accept and reject the marks of sannyasa as time and

circumstance require. So that is why I am "Madhudvisa dasa" at the moment.

The titles are not as important as the condition of the heart. We have to

become pure devotees of Krishna whatever condition of life we find ourselves

in. Srila Prabhupada said all of his sincere devotees were sannyasis as they

had given up everything for the service of Krishna and Srila Prabhupada. That

is sannyasa, no personal interest, only Krishna's interest. Many people wear

the sannyasa cloth and carry the danda but they still have some personal

interest, that is not sannyasa, that is cheating and it has spoiled the whole

thing.

The whole "sannyasa" business has been spoiled by both so many bogus Indian

sannyasis and also many bogus ISKCON sannyasis. Hardly anyone takes sannyasis

seriuously anymore, even in India. In the West the general public don't know

what a sannyasi is anyhow [mostly they don't even know what a Hare Krishna is

anymore...] so for the preaching at the moment it makes no difference

brahmacari or sannyasa....

If you have any questions about Krishna please write...

Anyhow, chant Hare Krishna and be happy!