Re: Liquid Beauty

mcummins@netspace.net.au (Marian Cummins) wrote:

>In article <3prfjh$djm@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, madhudvisa@krishna.org says...
>>>The atoms and
>>>molecules that go into your body have changed

>but that occurs in every microsecond too! I think one really needs to
>talk in terms of different orders of organisation, of systems, call them
>what you will - in my opinion you are both caught in a no-win situation
>because of in effect attempts at communicating across different paradigms
>- the refusal of either one of you to view the other paradigm locks you
>in futile argument here.

  No argument here Marian. I am presenting simple, clear, logical
  statements. Anyone can understand it... It's not so dificult.

>> this miserable
>>  material world, I go back home, back to Godhead, to the spiritual
>world
>>  and regain my original, eternal spiritual nature...

>ah again, sweet Madhudvisa, when you realise you are _already_ there you
>too will expeirence satchitananda - yes including the material - oh yes -
>it is both an essential part of the sat , an essential part of the chit,
>and can truly give rise to ananda!

  Dear Marian,
     Yes... You can experience it here if you are a liberated soul. But
     most people are _NOT_ liberated souls so they experience asat, acit
     and nirananda instead... This is by far the most common experience
     of the material world.

>>  It's a fact. Any thoughtful person can see it [you can easily perceive
>>  that "you" are different from "your" body. "You" are also different
>>  from "your" mind.. This is going on in another thread with Marian. You
>>  might also be interested in that.
>Ha, looked for your reply to this - but not there yet (23rd May)?

  I mailed it to you today just-in-case..

>> And higher than you, the spirit-soul, is the Supreme
>>  Personality of Godhead, Krishna. So ultimately our business is to
>serve
>>  God, to serve Krishna.

>And inclusive of Krishna and all of creation is Brahman  - not sure why
>Hare Krishna devotees reject this aspect when following closely other
>parts their scriptures.. Covered by the Rig Veda, surely - and I thought
>the Vedas were taken as the truth? - again maybe you could explain what
>to me seems anomolous, Madhudvisa?

  We don't reject Brahman. The Brahmajoyti is the shining rays of
  Krishna's body... We accept and follow everything. I'm not sure what
  you are getting at.

>>  So chant Hare Krishna and be happy in this life and then go back home,
>>  back to Godhead!!!

>If only you care to look you are already there :)

                        paras tasmat tu bhavo 'nyo
                         'vyakto 'vyaktat sanatanah
                          yah sa sarvesu bhutesu
                           nasyatsu na vinasyati

parah--transcendental; tasmat--to that; tu--but; bhavah--nature;
anyah--another; avyaktah--unmanifest; avyaktat--to the unmanifest;
sanatanah--eternal; yah sah--that which; sarvesu--all;
bhutesu--manifestation; nasyatsu--being annihilated; na--never;
vinasyati--is annihilated.

                               TRANSLATION

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme
and is never annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part
remains as it is. (Bhagavad-gita 8.20)

  You have to accept Krishna's words in the Bhagavad-gita surely Marian?
  What can I say...

  Hare Krishna!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!